Friday, January 2, 2009

You can do it. Channel the inner bridezilla!

Last night was my "bachelorette party," which was decidedly un-bachelorette party-like, which is exactly why it was perfect. About 9 of my friends were in early enough to hang out, so we went for drinks and dinner (which was a trial of my patience, and we just ended up eating pizza), and then went to see Benjamin Button. Nothing crazy, nothing wild, and I was nervous about how all of my friends from different walks of life would get along, but in the end, it was totally pleasant and fun.

Wedding plans are steaming ahead, today is the rehearsal and bowl-o-rama. The only minor hiccup so far has been a shortage of cars -- everyone decided NOT to rent one. D'oh! But after I get my wedding party and wedding helpers to the church for the rehearsal, then there is nothing else I can do, and I just need to rely on the taxies in town. And really, if that is my biggest worry, then I am in great shape.

I am not mentally nervous thus far, but as I have aged, I have developed a heck of a case of stage fright, and right now, the thought of everyone staring at me as I go down the aisle is taking my stomach for a ride. Also, I can almost guarantee that my voice will be shaky and I will forget to breathe during vows. But, c'est la vie. Other brides have made it through and I can, too.

Lastly, people better dance at my reception.

And when I next post, I shall be Mrs. Walter-Proulx. Oh, excuse me, I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. (From the barfiness of anticipating my new name. Not from nerves.)



PS: Chava was delightful and thoughtful enough to honor me with this Uber Amazing Blog Award.


I cannot fathom why my little blog of randomness would be so blessed, but I thank her heartily, and apologize for not dedicating an entire entry to the award right now. In leiu, I will post a picture of the cardigans I have been crocheting, which she asked to see recently:

Other wedding crafts appear below:

1 comment:

Astra Libris said...

Becky!! I am so happy for you!! The cardigans are gorgeous, and so are you!! Congratulations, Mrs. Becky!! Sending soooo much love and sooo many hugs!